Thursday 9 February 2012

Bookshelf Snooping - Wayne Kernochan



1. Your childhood favourite
The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton

2. Your current favourite

Wally Lamb and Aldous Huxley were tied until Wally friended me on Face Book 

3. Your top five authors

Aldous Huxey, Wally Lamb, C.S. Lewis, Sylvia Plath and Maya Angelou

4. Book(s) you’re reading now

None

5. Book(s) you’ve pretended to read
Once, I said I read the Quran cover to cover, but I skimmed it 

6. Book(s) you’ve bought for the cover
None

7. Book you’re a champion for

I don't understand the question 
8. Book that changed your life

The Outsiders started me writing. I'll go with that one

9. Book you most want to read again for the first time

I know this much is True

10. Book you turn to for comfort

Elements of Style

11. Favourite line from a book

"Dear Jesse, as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms."

Norman Maclean. I forget the book's name. It was a series of short stories that inspired the movie A River Runs Through it

No comments:

Post a Comment