Well, now all decisions have been made, and you are the first to know :-)
This year, I'll be bending the rules of NaNo. Instead of writing a new project, I'm going to rewrite my current one. It requires a complete rewrite, and here is why:
- Change of POV - instead of multiple third person, now it will be first person. That not only means a complete rewrite just because of that - but also because any essential information that was given to the reader during other people's POV while MC was absent, now need to be delivered through MC.
- Plot - while main plot remains the same, due to POV change, and just few other ideas, several things change
- Character Cutting - I've gotten rid of few of the minor characters, and reassigned new roles to some of the existing characters. As a result, their scenes change.
There are a few things I still have to sort through in the new outline - again, result of all these changes, so I've decided to make this my NaNo 2010 project.
Because this is not a brand new project, I will be aiming higher than just first draft. So this is my goal:
- Complete rewrite of the whole draft (current version which is multiple POV stands at just over 98K words. This one should be at least 90K)
- Clean rewrite. Not just superfast mad race, but as good draft as possible
- Finish the rewrite by/before 15/11 and start revision
- Second half of NaNo month should be spent on revision
Looking forward to sharing NaNo experience with many of you again.