Sunday 9 October 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011

NaNoWriMo2011 is just around the corner. If you don't know what that is - check out the website. But basically, it's a writing marathon where we all gather together and write 50K in the month of November. 50K is what you have to write to get the winner badge from NaNoWriMo. But the spirit of the whole thing is about writing. As much as you can. Go into the creative mode, follow the story, and just write.

My first NaNo was in 2009, and since then I look forward to it every year. Yes, I can and do write all year around, but there is just something much more exciting about participating in this epic event. I guess it must be similar to people who participate in running marathons, even though they can run just as much by themselves. 

So if you haven't tried NaNoWriMo, give it a go. And if you are a veteran, come and say hi. My user ID there is Lost Wanderer. 

1 comment:

  1. NaNo is really something that has to be experienced to be understood. There's just something about the whole, creative NaNo atmosphere that can't be duplicated at any other time of the year.

    I'm still undecided about whether I'll be participating or not - I'll probably wait until November 1st and then rush to sign up. :-)

    ReplyDelete