Welcome to the first short story challenge. Let's all work together and make this a success, so we can have many more challenges, and hopefully have the pleasure of seeing our work published at some point.
Reminder of main points:
- This is a monthly challenge, beginning on May 1st and ending on May 31st
- Please post your progress, or if you finish the story, let us know that you have finished it. How many words, any details you like to share, and whether you have submitted it or not.
- There are no rules. You can write what you want, and submit if/when you want to a publication of your choice.
- The purpose of doing this challenge together is purely to motivate one another to write something regularly, and finish it.
Few people have asked about writing prompt/theme. Each month, I will post three prompts/themes that you can use for your story if you wish. That's purely optional, meant for people who may be bit stuck for ideas.
May 2009: Themes/Prompts
- May day - write a story where May day celerabtion plays a central part
- Write a story which has three main characters - two men and a woman
- Write a story set in a country estate