Monday 5 October 2009

NaNo 2009

I have signed up for my first NaNo this year. I knew about this before, but only some obscure knowledge that it existed, never bothered to look up the details. But this year I did, and so I am going to participate. I know the story I am going to write, but I really want to have at least loose outline in place, which I don't have. Before I do the outline, I need to answer some important plot questions - which I am still thinking about. Really hope it will be sorted by November, because while I am looking forward to NaNo challenge, really don't want to write 50000 words of crap. I know I know... it's not supposed to be about perfection. I am not seeking perfection. Just a first draft that sort of works. So better get cracking then...meditation perhaps (if I only I could keep my mind quiet for a second) - never mind, I will just have to resort to wild speculation and use up pages of my moleskine doodling brainstorms to figure it out. How is your NaNo prep going?

5 comments:

  1. I've got the plot - now I'm working on a synopsis (a brief one). I've done several crappy NaNo novels...which is good - it's harder than you might think to write 1,667 words per day! But now I've got my eye on publication, so am planning this year's draft more carefully.

    Email me if you want to see my plot, synopsis, planning, etc - I have a locked blog set up for it, but I have to invite you via email (so I can post my draft and not lose 1st rights).

    Good luck planning/plotting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I first signed up for Nano in 2006, last year was the first year I won the challege. I had no preparation, no plot, in fact I wasn't even sure I was going to participate until November 1. Strange how that worked out.

    This year my preparation consists of stocking up on gummi worms and trying to come up with an idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not doing NaNo this year. Did it last year, which is how I have my current just-finished rewrite of my novel. It's been through a lot since that first word of NaNo! I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie/CR, looking forward to following your progress. I am glad you guys are doing it. It will be great to have other participants that I "know"

    Lady Glam, good luck with Monarch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You left a comment on my blog today (Oct. 12) where I was dithering about whether I want to do NaNoWriMo this year (first time) -- and it made me want to hunker down to work.

    You have a lovely site, and I look forward to keeping up with you during your own NaNo adventures this year.


    HD
    Punctum
    www.wordflix.org

    ReplyDelete