Tuesday 2 March 2010

BristolCon 2010

Last year was a year of great leap in terms of my writing career, so it would be wrong to make no progress this year. And one of the new things I plan to try this year is attend some writerly things. Of course since money and time are both limited, I can't do everything I would like to do so I have picked a couple of things, and one of them is BristolCon 2010.



It's Sci-Fi/Fantasy Convention in Bristol. It's still in infancy, only in the second year. I didn't know about it last year, so really glad to find something on my doorstep.

There are benefits of a new convention of course - first, I will have the pleasure of knowing it from the beginning so in 20 years I could say, "Oh I have been here forever" ;) and it's cheaper than usual. But it doesn't mean rubbish, because there are some wonderful writers coming - two of whom are Joe Abercrombie who wrote the First Law Fantasy trilogy and Paul Cornell, who among other things writes Dr. Who episodes.

The convention is on November 6th, but I am already registered, and really looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. That will be so great! I need to get to one of these someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I wish some conventions would come out my way! I love that it's new, that means you probably have more of a chance to talk to people ;o)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nisa,

    Thanks. :-) It does sound really cool.

    Erica,

    Yes, you are right. I think it's relatively small size (though it's already getting bigger than last year) might be a good experience for the first time.

    ReplyDelete