44 days for one full pass editing. This won't be a final version, but it will be a revision of the full novel, with emphasis on quality rather than quantity.
Besides the obvious that I only have evenings and weekends to work, what are some of the challenges?
- I plan to add a major plot layer, which will mean writing new material worth about 10K to 15K
- It will also mean rewriting or tweaking many of the existing scenes to accomodate changes these plot layer will bring
- I have got 302 pages to edit as of today, which with new words will probably push up higher
So here is the plan (and being such nice, lovely supporters that you are, feel free to use your whips when I flounder):
- March 23 - March 28 = 34 Pages (Hey I have got plans for this Saturday)
- March 29 - April 4 = 50 Pages
- April 5 - April 11 = 54 Pages
- April 12 - April 18 - 46 Pages
- April 19 - April 25 = 46 Pages
- April 26 - May 2 = 46 Pages
- May 3 - May 5 = 26 Pages
Total Days 44
Why 44 days?
Because 6th is my birthday, so this is going to be my challenge for this year of my life, and my present to myself - and I might not let myself celebrate if I don't finish it, but haven't decided on that yet. Because for now, failure isn't an option.
So this evening, after work, Editing Frenzy Begins...