- The Reader - It is amazing. Usually, movies don't measure up to the book, but this is an exception. Both Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes acting is fabulous, and especially Kate. Her strength in the subtlety in this one, a well deserved Oscar too. I love it!
- The English Patient - Oh what to say about this one...it's like a treasure that renews every time I watch it. Never got around to buying it on DVD, but I watch it every time it's on TV. This is where I became a fan of Ralph Fiennes acting.
- Titanic - I remember sitting right at the front of the cinema, craning my neck when Titanic first came out. It was wonderful then, and all these years later, it's wonderful now.
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - another exception to movies-made-from-books-are-crap rule. I watch the whole extended edition in one go, over and over again.
- Shakespeare in Love - Another Fiennes brother. They are a handsome, talented family. This is pure pleasure.
- The Matrix - With those cool action scenes there is nothing to complain about.
- Bourne Trilogy - again cool action, but Matt Damon is not bad either.
- Little Women - delightful movie. March women rock! And this is where I met Christian Bale.
- Last Samurai - just love it.
- Atonement - usually I hate unhappy endings, but this is a beautiful, touching film.
- The Abyss - hey, underwater alien...what's not to like?
- Batman Begins - Just cool.
- Air Force One - no comments. just enjoy watching this one
- Runaway Bride - I don't really like the movie, but the speech at the end is so romantic.
- Anastasia - Disney animated musical. It's so sweet.
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
15 Films in 15 Minutes
Stole this idea from Adam's blog. Rule: List 15 movies that have stuck in your mind in no more than 15 minutes.