Friday 27 November 2009

NaNoWriMo - Towards the End

Last few days left before the end of November, and before the official end of NaNoWriMo. For me, first two weeks were excellent. Third week was rubbish. Fourth week has been lazy, but not terrible. Being productive in first two weeks certainly helped, because now even though I am not writing as much as I did then, I should still be able to reach my goal. This week, I have been mostly playing a computer game - Ok, I am weak. I gave myself my reward early :P I just couldn't wait once the Sims 3 expansion pack was out - so I have been stuck playing that. But one good thing I have been doing is to write every day, no matter how small a word count. It certainly helps. It keeps me in the habit, and it keeps my story in my head. It has been hard not to get distracted by other stories, but I am plowing through, and really hope to have my first draft finished by end of this weekend. It is possible if I just get off my behind and write. How is your NaNoWriMo going?

3 comments:

  1. I've only written 5k, but I've edited 36.5k (twice), and am reading through a second novella with a view to beginning the marking up tomorrow or the day after, so I'm not downhearted. :-)

    Mine's been more of a NaNoEdiMo. :D

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My NaNo has been an epic fail. I've barely crossed the 16k mark and I've just hit a wall. I don't know where the story is going and things just keep getting in the way.

    Like, I said, EPIC fail.

    ~KK~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam,

    Good job. Hope it's going well.

    Kaity,

    Look on the positive side. You are 16K into your novel, so you just have to keep going. Even if it's not NaNo novel, you have written stuff. That's what counts.

    ReplyDelete