Thursday 22 December 2011

Bookshelf Snooping - Erica Chapman

This is such a cool idea, Dolly! Thanks so much for inviting me to participate ;o) I adore your blog. Always have!

So, we're going to sneak into my Bookshelf... It's non-existant since I have most books on my kindle now. I know. I know. I'm a traitor. LOL. But, I LOVE my kindle!! Here's a pic of [cue disjointed voice of Gollum from LOTR] "my precious."  and my kitty Zeus ;o)

image.png

1. Your childhood favourite
I loved the Babysitter's Club books (am I dating myself?) I mean, uh... Harry Potter. Yeah. No, really. It's To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

2. Your current favourite
Gah. It's a tie. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and Divergent by Veronica Roth.

3. Your top five authors 
Cassandra Clare, Stephanie Perkins, Veronica Roth, Lauren Oliver, Gayle Forman

4. Book(s) you’re reading now 
Just finished Clockwork Prince. AMAZING.

5. Book(s) you’ve pretended to read 
Ha! I don't pretend. I either read it or don't. No faking it for me!

6. Book(s) you’ve bought for the cover 
Divergent (so glad I did), Legend by Marie Lu, (ALSO a great decision, so great!)

7. Book you’re a champion for 
To Kill a Mockingbird, I can't believe this is on the banned books list. My favorite book.

8. Book that changed your life 
Again, To Kill a Mockingbird. It taught me a lot. But, I'll say Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series got me to write my first book ;o)

9. Book you most want to read again for the first time 
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. (swoon) does it get cuter than that book? I don't think so.

10. Book you turn to for comfort 
Any YA contemporary romance. I LOVE Jennifer Echols. I had to read one of hers after Clockwork Prince. I was ready for some happy ;o)

11. Favourite line from a book 
Oh, this is hard... Ooo! I will consult Goodreads quotes for this. It's a bit longer than a line, but it's so beautiful. It's from Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere. “Grief is forever. It doesn't go away; it becomes part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That's just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don't get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”

That was fun!! I can't wait to see what everyone else's are!! SO cool!! Thanks again, Dolly!!

Have a great week, everyone!

Erica
You can find me at http://ericachapman.com
or on twitter at @ericamchapman

5 comments:

  1. Gah!! I spelled existent wrong. Such a me thing to do. Darn spellcheck. LOL

    Thank you so much, Dolly for having me here!! I've enjoyed the others so far!

    Have a great holiday ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, I'm enjoying these posts too, I had no idea I would have been so curious about other people's bookshelves, or kindle. I also read on kindle a lot these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never underestimate curiosity! :-))

    Erica,

    Thank you for participating. I haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird yet. It's one of those books that I always think I will read eventually, but because the subject is so sad, I can't bring myself to read it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really want to read Clockwork Prince. It's been on my list forever...going to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the best, isn't it, Michela? LOVE my kindle. These are interesting ;o)

    Dolly, OH, it's SO good. One of the best of the year, for sure!! You'll have to tell me what you think ;o)

    ReplyDelete