Friday 23 December 2011

Bookshelf Snooping - Mark Robinson


1. Your childhood favourite
I wasn’t a big reader when I was a kid but I do have very fond memories of “The Phantom Toll Booth” 

2. Your current favourite
Prey by Thomas Emson (this changes frequently) 

3. Your top five authors
Neil Gaiman
Terry Prachett
Jim Butcher
John Meaney

4. Book(s) you’re reading now
Rule 34 by Charles Stross
99 Coffins by David Welington
Overclocked by Cory Doctorow

5. Book(s) you’ve pretended to read
None that I can think of

6. Book(s) you’ve bought for the cover 
Keeping it Real by Justina Robson
Jennifer Government by Max Barry

7. Book you’re a champion for
Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko & Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

8. Book that changed your life
It would have to the the colour of magic by Terry Prachett, it’s not of his best by a long shot but when I first read it I didn’t read much. This is the book that made me realise how much fun it is to lose yourself in a good book.

9. Book you most want to read again for the first time
Another really hard question, I’ll have to say Stardust by Neil Gaiman. There are about 15 books at least that I could give as an answer 

10. Book you turn to for comfort 
Smoke & Mirrors By Neil Gaiman (awesome short story collection)

1 comment:

  1. Mark,

    Thank you for participating. I have yet to read quite a lot of Neil Gaiman's work, but of all the stuff I have read, Anansi Boys is my favourite. It never seems to crop up on anyone else's favourite list. I have read Neverwhere as well, but Anansi Boys absorbed me the most.

    ReplyDelete